Put these mini meatballs on toothpicks for an appetizer everyone loves. Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Meatballs have so much flavor in every little bite!
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 ½ cups BBQ sauce (I used the Trader Joe’s brand but any kind works)
- ¾ cup grape jelly (can also use blackberry or blueberry jelly)
- Ranch dressing for dipping (optional)
- Spray the bottom of a slow cooker and set aside. In a large bowl add the ground chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, salt, garlic powder and onion powder. Use a fork or clean hands and mix ingredients together until well combined.
- In a separate bowl mix together the BBQ sauce and jelly until well combined. Set aside.
- Use a mini ice cream scoop or spoon to scoop out about 1 tablespoon of the mixture. Use wet hands to form the meatballs and to help prevent them from sticking. Place formed meatballs into the bottom of the slow cooker. Once the mixture gets too sticky, wet your hands again and continue forming the meatballs.
- Once you have a single layer of meatballs on the bottom of the slow cooker, pour over a little of the BBQ sauce mixture. Continue forming the meatballs and place on a second layer on top of the sauce. Once all meatballs are formed, pour over the rest of the sauce.
- Cook on LOW for 2 hours, stirring about half way through. Serve with toothpicks and a side of ranch.