- 4 pounds yukon gold potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 cup chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (about 3–4 cloves)
- 1 cup half and half
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Parsley or chives
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray. Add the diced potatoes, chicken stock, and garlic. Stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours. Once potatoes are very soft, add the half and half, butter, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Using a potato masher or hand mixer mash the potatoes until your desired consistency. Keep on the warm setting until ready to serve.
- Serve with a pat of butter, chopped parsley, and fresh cracked pepper.
If you keep the potatoes warm, they may absorb more liquid. If that happens you can add more half and half or whole milk as they warm if needed, and stir occasionally.