Tangy Avocado salsa served over a simple spice roasted Halibut that can be made in 20 minutes or less.
- 1 pound halibut, cut into 2 equal pieces
- olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 tablespoon finely diced red onion
- 2 teaspoons finely diced jalapeño
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2–3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and chili powder.
- Lightly spray the halibut with olive oil. Coat the fish on all sides with the spice mixture then place on a parchment lined baking sheet, or a lightly greased baking dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- While the fish bakes, make the avocado salsa. Add the diced avocados, red onion, jalapeño, lime juice, salt and cilantro to a bowl and toss well. When fish is done baking, serve with avocado salsa on top and enjoy!