A simple and delicious chicken recipe thats great for the holidays or even an easy weeknight meal.
- 6 chicken breasts on the bone (can also use thighs) (if breasts are large, buy 3 and cut them in half)
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Russian Salad Dressing (can also use Catalina or Thousand Island)
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Remove the skin from the chicken. In a large bowl or baking dish mix together the dressing, jam, onion soup mix, garlic powder and pepper until well combined.
- Add the chicken and toss to coat. If you have time to marinate the chicken do it! Cover and marinate for up to 12 hours. If not, pour chicken and sauce into a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 90 minutes. Every 30 minutes or so, brush the sauce over the chicken.
- If after 90 minutes you want the sauce a little “stickier” cook it for another 10-15 minutes. Otherwise serve immediately and enjoy! I love serving this over rice to help soak up all the sauce.