I took a classic Mediterranean salad and added major color and juicy flavor! This Summer Fattoush Salad is the kind of dish that adds sunshine to your entire day.
- 2 pita rounds, torn into 1-in. pieces
- 1/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups roughly chopped butter lettuce
- 2 medium-size tomatoes, large dice
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1 medium nectarine or peach, thinly sliced
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves, torn
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss together torn pita pieces, 1/4 cup of the oil and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt on a sheet pan until coated. Toast in oven until crisp and golden, 10 to 12 minutes, stirring halfway through cook time.
- Remove from oven and set aside until ready to use. Whisk together lemon juice, vinegar and honey in a medium bowl. Slowly add 2-3 tablespoons oil, whisking constantly. Whisk in pepper and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Place lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, nectarine, avocado, basil, mint and toasted pita in a large bowl. Add dressing, and toss to combine.
Recipe inspired by Eden Grinshpan