- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 pound ground turkey (or ground beef)
- 2 teaspoons salt (divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 28 ounce can unsalted crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (plus more for topping)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (plus more for topping)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Meanwhile, heat a large pan over medium/high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the onion and a pinch of salt a pepper. Cook for 5 minutes until onion begins to soften. Add the garlic and cook 1-2 minutes.
- 2) Add the turkey, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, onion powder, cumin, oregano, and paprika. Cook for 5-7 minutes breaking up the meat as much as possible.
- 3) Add the crushed tomatoes, spinach and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Let simmer on low while you make the cheese mixture.
- 4) In a bowl, mix the ricotta, parmesan, mozzarella, egg, parsley and 1/2 teaspoon salt until well combined. Set aside, then turn off the heat for the sauce. Spread about 1/3 cup sauce into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish and set aside. Once water is boiling, cook the noodles according to package, drain and set aside.
- 5) Assemble the lasagna rolls. Lightly grease a baking sheet and lay the cooked noodles flat on the sheet. Spread about 2-3 tablespoons of the cheese mixture on each noodle. Top with another 1-2 tablespoons of the sauce mixture and spread. Roll tightly from the bottom up and place seam side down into the prepared baking dish. Repeat until all rolls are formed. Top rolls with remaining sauce and sprinkle about another cup or two of mozzarella cheese, and sprinkle with parmesan.
- 6) Bake for 35-40 minutes until cheese is golden and bubbly.
* You can fully assemble this dish, through step 5 and place it in the fridge until ready to bake.