Seasoned, savory turkey, melty cheese, and your favorite salsa all make this Turkey Taco Skillet an incredible, hearty weeknight meal!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 (12oz) jar salsa
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 lime
- Tortilla chips
- Preheat a skillet over medium/high heat. Add the oil, bell pepper and pinch of salt. Cook for 3-5 minutes until peppers are tender.
- Add the ground turkey, salt, garlic powder and cumin. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until turkey is cooked through.
- Add salsa and beans and heat through. Sprinkle cheese on top and put under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve topped with sliced avocado, cilantro and a big squeeze of fresh lime juice. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy.