A grilled chicken recipe that pairs well with all your favorite sides! Weeknight Balsamic Grilled Chicken gets a quick marinade for fresh, bright flavor.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, zested, then juiced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- If your chicken breasts are pretty thick, use a sharp knife to butterfly them into two thinner pieces. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, salt, garlic powder and thyme. Add the chicken, making sure all pieces are coated well in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 2-6 hours.
- Remove chicken from the fridge and preheat the grill to medium/high heat (about 400 degrees). Once the grill is preheated, spray with avocado oil or grill spray to prevent sticking.
- Place chicken on the grill for about 5-6 minutes on each side. Internal temperature should reach 165 degrees. Let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.