Zucchini Apple Turkey Burgers are a summertime staple around here with a little unexpected flavor and classic burger goodness.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded and squeezed dry
- 1 small apple, shredded
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Burger buns or lettuce wrap (butter lettuce works well)
Burger Topping Options:
- Cheddar cheese
- Arugula or microgreens
- Anything your heart desires
- In a large bowl add the turkey meat, zucchini, apple, apricot jam, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Break up the meat mixture using a fork (or clean hands) being careful not to over mix.
- Divide the mixture into four equal parts and form patties about ½ inch thick. At this point you can put them in the fridge until you’re ready to grill, or use right away.
- Preheat the grill over medium/high heat. Cook patties 5-7 minutes on each side. If you are adding cheese, add the cheese the last 1-2 minutes of cooking until melted. Serve on a bun or lettuce wrap served with your favorite toppings!