A creamy and delicious soup made with fresh zucchini and avocado.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 large zucchini, diced
- 2.5 – 3 cups stock (vegetable or chicken)
- 4 large basil leaves
- 1 California Avocado, diced
- 1 lemon
- croutons (optional)
- Heat a large pan over medium/high heat. Add the olive oil, onion and a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min.
- Add the zucchini, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook for 5-7 minutes. Add the stock (start with 2.5 cups, you can always add more at the end). Bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add the basil, avocado, juice of 1 lemon, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pinch of pepper.
- Transfer soup mixture (in batches) to a high powdered blender and blend until smooth. You can also use an immersion blender and blend right in the pot. If soup is too thick add a little more stock to thin it out. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve topped with avocado and croutons. Soup can be served hot or chilled.