Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan Meatballs will be your new favorite comfort meal
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs, divided
- 1/3 cup, plus 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2–2 1/2 cups your favorite marinara sauce (I love Lucini)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a medium dish, mix together 3 tablespoons of panko and 3 tablespoons of parmesan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, egg, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, basil, remaining panko and remaining parmesan. Using clean hands or a fork, mix everything together until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into golf ball sized meatballs (should make about 14-16). If mixture is too sticky, lightly wet your hands so the meat doesn’t stick while you form the balls.
- Roll each meatball in the panko/parmesan mixture until well coated and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet (I used cast iron) over medium/high heat. Add the olive oil. Brown the meatballs on all sides, about 1 minute per side. Work in batches so you don’t over crowd the pan.
- Once all the meatballs are browned, add them all back to the pan and pour over the sauce. Cover with shredded mozzarella and bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly and the meatballs are cooked through.
- Remove from oven, garnish with torn basil and serve over grilled bread or pasta.