Hello comfort food, it’s so nice to see you again. It might be the first week of spring, but most of the country is either being dumped with snow or showered with heavy rains this week. So, you know what that means. Yep, comfort food. TO THE MAX.
My all time favorite meals to create are “healthier” comfort foods. You know, the ones that make you feel warm and fuzzy inside, but doesn’t necessarily make you feel like you just ate a house? I know you feel me on this one.
In walked these Baked Chicken Parmesan Meatballs. ???? Possibly one of Zach’s favorite meals that I’ve created. They literally taste just like chicken parm, except in ball form. Who doesn’t love a good ball? ????
And OMG with some grilled crusty bread for dipping. Game over. GAME OVER.Print
Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan Meatballs will be your new favorite comfort meal
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs, divided
- 1/3 cup, plus 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2–2 1/2 cups your favorite marinara sauce (I love Lucini)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a medium dish, mix together 3 tablespoons of panko and 3 tablespoons of parmesan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, egg, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, basil, remaining panko and remaining parmesan. Using clean hands or a fork, mix everything together until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into golf ball sized meatballs (should make about 14-16). If mixture is too sticky, lightly wet your hands so the meat doesn’t stick while you form the balls.
- Roll each meatball in the panko/parmesan mixture until well coated and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet (I used cast iron) over medium/high heat. Add the olive oil. Brown the meatballs on all sides, about 1 minute per side. Work in batches so you don’t over crowd the pan.
- Once all the meatballs are browned, add them all back to the pan and pour over the sauce. Cover with shredded mozzarella and bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly and the meatballs are cooked through.
- Remove from oven, garnish with torn basil and serve over grilled bread or pasta.