Ok, it only took me until mid January to hop on the new year green smoothie bandwagon. I was desperate! It had been a long month of holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, and to ring in the new year we spent five glorious days in Disney World.
While it truly was the trip of a lifetime, especially for my kids, my body had pretty much had it by the time we got home.
Enter —–> Spinach and Apple Detox Smoothie.
I called on my favorite fitness guru Jen Widerstrom for a little guidance on this one. By the way, are you watching her on The Biggest Loser this season? So inspiring! And can we talk about the blubbering mess I become when listening to the contestants stories? Like, serious ugly cry.
Like I said, I turned to Jen for some help with this smoothie because let’s be honest. Not all green smoothies are created equal. They can be loaded with sugar, which kinda defeats the purpose, right?
Well, this smoothie is just the right amount of sweet, tart, and has some awesome natural detoxifiers like cucumber and lemon. Just one glass and I already started to feel better.
Try it, you’ll see. Also, if you’re looking for more easy recipes that the whole family loves, check out my free 5 Days of Dinner meal plan! This is my way of doing the hard work of meal planning for you.
- 2–3 cups spinach (packed)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 banana
- 1 Granny Smith apple (cored and cubed)
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 4 dates
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- Squeeze of lemon
- Large handful of ice
- Shaved coconut (unsweetened)
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- 1) Add the spinach, almond milk and banana to the blender and blend until combined. Add the apple, cucumber, dates, flax seeds, and lemon juice, and blend for 2-3 minutes until completely smooth. Add the ice and blend for another 30-60 seconds. Pour into two glasses and top with desired toppings. Serve immediately or store in the fridge for later!
Hop on the bandwagon.