Like regular rice, but tastier! Easy Instant Pot Coconut Rice has a little extra sweetness that makes any meal better.
One of my go-to side dishes is this Easy Instant Pot Coconut Rice. It’s a tasty, quick way to get rice on the table without watching a boiling pot of water. We both know you have better ways to spend your kitchen time! I always make it with my Skillet Chicken & Green Beans, but it’s amazing with any and every meal that calls for rice.
What kind of rice is best in Coconut Rice?
I always reach for Basmati for my Instant Pot Coconut Rice! You could use any long-grain white rice, though. Jasmine would also work great.
Making Coconut Rice on the Stove Top
While the Instant Pot is my go-to (if you’ve been considering one, DO IT! 100% game changer!), this is a snap to make on the stove top as well.
- Your ingredients will stay the same; two parts coconut milk to one part rice
- Add the rinsed rice and milk to a small pot
- Bring to a boil
- Turn down heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes
- Remove from heat, let sit for 10 minutes then fluff with fork.
More Instant Pot Recipes
Want to keep cooking with the Instant Pot? Let’s make it happen!
- Instant Pot Mexican Street Corn
- Instant Pot Split Pea & Lentil Soup
- Easy Instant Pot Applesauce
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- Pulled BBQ Chicken Burgers
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash
Easy Instant Pot Coconut Rice
- 1 cup white basmati rice rinsed and drained
- 1 (13.5 oz) can full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
Instant Pot Instructions
- Add the rinsed rice, coconut milk, water and salt to the bottom of the Instant Pot and stir.
- Close lid and make sure the vent is on sealing. Press the rice function and cook for 12 minutes. Let naturally release for 10-15 minutes, then release any remaining pressure, open lid and fluff with a fork.
Stove Top Instructions
- Add the rinsed rice, milk, water and salt to a small pan. Stir and bring mixture to a boil.
- Once boiling turn heat the low, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and keep covered for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve.
When you try a recipe, use the hashtag #lifeisbutadish on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in my stories! Follow Life is but a Dish on PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM for all the latest content and behind the scenes!
Remember to subscribe to my free Life is but a Dish Weekly Newsletter and receive easy recipes delivered to your inbox every week!