An easy, flavorful grilled chicken is a summertime staple, and this is ours! It’s a Mexican Lime Grilled Chicken that comes out tender and juicy every time.
When it comes to grilled chicken, this recipe is the best of the best! It’s a Mexican Lime Grilled Chicken that comes out perfectly juicy with the most delicious char after some time on the grill. I pair it with all of our favorite southwestern side dishes and it’s easy enough for a weeknight, but delicious enough for a party!
Chicken Marinade Ingredients
I love a homemade marinade! It’s super, super easy and uses all pantry ingredients, which means if you have chicken in the freezer, you can make this perfect Mexican Lime Grilled Chicken tonight. It’s a whisk and a pour and…that’s it! That’s what I’m talking about!
- Chili powder
- Salt & pepper
- Garlic powder
- Avocado oil
- Lime juice
Grilled Chicken Sides
My favorite thing about a great, flavorful chicken is how versatile it is. You can eat it by itself, put it in a salad, or combine it with your favorite side dishes. I’d pair it with Tomato, Fresh Corn, & Burrata Salad, Instant Pot Mexican Sweet Corn, or Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice.
More Chicken Recipes
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Salt & Lemon Pepper Chicken
Weeknight Balsamic Chicken
Simple Roast Chicken
Faux Fried Chicken
Sweet Ginger Glazed Chicken & Peppers
Herb Grilled Chicken with Fresh Corn Salsa
Food photography by Ashley CuocoPrint
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- ½ cup avocado oil (or olive oil)
- ½ cup lime juice
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Whisk together the chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and cumin. Add the oil and lime juice and whisk until well combined.
- Pour marinade over chicken and in a bowl or in a bag. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours up to overnight.
- Remove chicken from the fridge about 30 minutes prior to grilling. Preheat the grill or grill pan over medium/high heat. Grill chicken for 5-7 minutes per side, per inch of thickness. Let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
This marinade can be doubled or tripled for more meat and would also be great on red meat, shrimp or fish.