- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- ½ cup avocado oil (or olive oil)
- ½ cup lime juice
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Whisk together the chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and cumin. Add the oil and lime juice and whisk until well combined.
- Pour marinade over chicken and in a bowl or in a bag. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours up to overnight.
- Remove chicken from the fridge about 30 minutes prior to grilling. Preheat the grill or grill pan over medium/high heat. Grill chicken for 5-7 minutes per side, per inch of thickness. Let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
This marinade can be doubled or tripled for more meat and would also be great on red meat, shrimp or fish.