One potato. Two potato. Smash potato. More.
How was your weekend? Raise your hand if you’re a fan of daylight savings? It’s still baffling to me that one hour forward or back can COMPLETELY change the vibe of the day. Throws me way off. And once you have kids, daylight savings becomes a whole new ballgame. Naps, meals, bedtime. It’s aaaaaaaall messed up.
Good thing we’ve got these taters to make everything better.
Breakfast, lunch, or dinner, these guys are the perfect side kick to any meal.
- 1 1/2 pounds baby dutch yellow potatoes about 24
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Olive oil for drizzling
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place the potatoes in a pot and fill with cold water until potatoes are covered. Bring water to a boil and cook until potatoes are fork tender, but not falling apart, about 10-15 minutes.
2) Drain potatoes well and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Using the back of a large spoon, or a fork, gently press down on each potato until smashed. Drizzle a little olive oil over each potato and sprinkle with the spice mixture. Bake for 20 minutes or until crisp on the outside. Serve immediately.