Breakfast, lunch, or dinner, Crispy Smashed Potatoes are the perfect sidekick to any meal. Boil, smash, and roast potatoes to crispy perfection.
One potato. Two potato. Smash potato. More. Besides french fries, Crispy Smashed Potatoes are my favorite way to eat potatoes! It’s definitely the most fun. Boil, smash, and roast to crispy perfection. Boom. Clap.
How was your weekend? Raise your hand if you’re a fan of daylight savings? It’s still baffling to me that one hour forward or back can COMPLETELY change the vibe of the day. Throws me way off. And once you have kids, daylight savings becomes a whole new ballgame. Naps, meals, bedtime. It’s aaaaaaaall messed up.
Good thing we’ve got these taters to make everything better.
I love how easy they are to pull together. Just boil until tender, smash em (my favorite part), drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle spices, and done.
Feel free to get creative with the spices you use. I came up this little blend and it was perfect. Kids love these too. They’re smooth and creamy on the inside, and crisp on the outside.
Breakfast, lunch, or dinner, these guys are the perfect side kick to any meal but my most favorite thing to serve them with are my Baked Crab Cakes.Print
Breakfast, lunch, or dinner, these guys are the perfect sidekick to any meal. Besides french fries, this might be my favorite way to eat potatoes. Boil, smash, and roast to crispy perfection.
- 1 1/2 pounds baby dutch yellow potatoes, (about 24)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place the potatoes in a pot and fill with cold water until potatoes are covered. Bring water to a boil and cook until potatoes are fork tender, but not falling apart, about 10-15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes well and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Using the back of a large spoon, or a fork, gently press down on each potato until smashed. Drizzle a little olive oil over each potato and sprinkle with the spice mixture. Bake for 20 minutes or until crisp on the outside. Serve immediately.
When you try a recipe, use the hashtag #lifeisbutadish on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in my stories! Follow Life is but a Dish on PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM for all the latest content and behind the scenes!Remember to subscribe to my free Life is but a Dish Weekly Newsletter and receive easy recipes delivered to your inbox every week!