For all you Easter bunnies out there.
I don’t even celebrate Easter, but I’m 100% down for pancakes any day, and my kids are 100% down for pancakes in the shape of a bunny, all day, everyday. I’m sorry, but HOW CUTE ARE THESE? Not to mention delicious. This is my favorite homemade pancake recipe, mainly because it’s the one I grew up eating from my mom.
Actually…in 1986 (I was 3), when neon, scrunch socks, and leotards were the norm, my mom was a personal trainer. She had her own company with a dear friend of hers, and together they trained clients and wrote a cookbook! Using a typewriter. Yep, a freaking typewriter! Can you imagine? Some of you reading this might not even know what a typewriter is. Either way, I still own a copy of her book and it’s one of my most used cookbooks in my collection. It’s also the birthplace of my mom’s, (and now my) banana bread recipe. But seriously, look at this.
This is for real people! So cool. Goes to show you, never judge a book by it’s cover.
Back to these cakes. Aside from feeling nostalgic while eating them, they’re easy to whip up and a no brainer for Easter morning.Print
The cutest little bunny pancakes that are perfect for Easter or any day!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 –1 cup milk, any kind you like, I use almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- butter for the pan
- 2 banana slices
- Whipped cream
- Mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and sugar. Add the oil and egg and stir to combine.
- Add the milk a little at a time until you reach the consistency that you want. Batter should be thin. Stir in the vanilla.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Place just enough butter in the pan to lightly coat the surface. Drop the batter 1 tablespoon at a time in the pan, and flip only once when small bubbles appear on the top of each pancake. Serve immediately with maple syrup, or you favorite choice of toppings!
*In order to make pancakes in the shape of the bunny, make one large circle (body), one small circle (head), two long shaped ears, and two small ovals for the feet. Top with fruit and chocolate chips as pictured and enjoy!