A recreation of one of my favorite dishes in college, Baked Ziti Pizza is the ultimate combination of pizza and pasta!
- 1 cup uncooked ziti pasta
- 1 recipe your favorite pizza dough (or store bought, at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1) Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta for 7-8 minutes,
- 2) Drain pasta and add back into the pot. (Pasta will continue to cook in the oven so it doesn’t need to cook all the way through). Add the sauce, ricotta, salt and oregano to the pot with the pasta and stir to combine.
- 3) Spread the dough into a circle on a lightly oiled sheet pan. Spread mixture evenly over dough and sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake for 12-15 minutes until bubbly and golden brown.