Chopped kale salad with BBQ chicken, crispy chickpeas, avocado and ranch dressing.
- 1 bunch lacinato (dino) kale, stems removed and finely chopped
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup your favorite BBQ sauce (plus 1/4 cup)
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- your favorite ranch dressing (I love and use Primal Kitchen)
- 1 avocado, diced
For the Instant Pot BBQ Chicken
- Place the chicken in the instant pot with 1 cup of the BBQ sauce. Close lid and make sure the valve is on sealing. Cook on manual high pressure for 12 minutes then manually release pressure.
- Remove chicken and shred with two forks then place back in the Instant Pot and add additional BBQ sauce if desired. Set aside until ready to use.
For the Crispy Chickpeas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- After you rinse and drain the chickpeas, carefully dry them with a paper towel then add them to the lined baking sheet. Toss evenly with olive oil, salt, garlic powder and paprika and bake for 25-35 minutes until crisp. As they cool they will get crispier.
For the Salad
- Add the chopped kale, chicken, chickpeas and avocado to a large bowl and toss with your favorite ranch dressing, homemade or store bought. Serve immediately and enjoy!