A hearty and delicious one pan skillet pasta made with fresh butternut squash, kale and cheese.
- 3 cups dried pasta, (I used rigatoni)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, (small dice)
- 2 1/2 cup small diced butternut squash
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped kale, (I use Lacinato kale)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3–4 garlic cloves, (minced)
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bring a medium/large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling add two large pinches of salt. Add the pasta and cook according to package, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat a large oven safe skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil, onion, butternut squash, salt and pepper. Cook for 10-15 minutes until squash is cooked through then turn off heat.
- In a separate small saucepan melt the butter. Add the minced garlic and cook for just 30-60 seconds until fragrant then remove from heat.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain and add directly to the pan with the squash. Add the kale, melted butter and parmesan and toss to combine. Top with shredded gruyere and place entire pan in the oven for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted. Remove, sprinkle with parsley and serve!