- 4 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 4 cups cauliflower rice (I use the fresh bag from Trader Joe’s)
- 2 teaspoons salt (divided)
- 3–4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 2–2 1/2 cups chopped asparagus
- 1 bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups shaved brussels sprouts
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Chopped scallions and toasted pistachios for garnish
- 1) In a large pan heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium/high heat. Add the cauliflower rice and 1 teaspoon of salt and cook for 3-5 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook for another 2 minutes until fragrant. Add the broth, stir and cover. Let it simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes until cauliflower rice is just tender. Once cooked, remove from pan and set aside.
- 2) Over medium/high heat add 2 more tablespoons of olive oil in the same pan. Add the onion, asparagus, bell pepper, brussels sprouts, 1 teaspoon of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and lemon pepper and cook until veggies are cooked through, about 7-10 minutes.
- 3) In the last few minutes of cooking add the tomatoes and cook for another minute or two. Turn off the heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- 4) Serve the veggie mixture over the cauliflower rice and top with chopped scallions and pistachios.