Veggies on veggies on veggies! Except it feels and tastes like veggies and veggies on rice! Cauliflower rice!! I’m OBSESSED.
Guys, have you tried cauliflower rice? It’s the new thing. Everybody’s doing it. Trader Joe’s is now selling frozen AND fresh bags of it! I just can’t handle my excitement.
Last week I went to the store and pretty much bought all the veggies.
Which was okay, because I made this concoction and it’s so good and so flavorful and so satisfying! And totally versatile! Throw in whatever veggies you want! It’s one of those clean out your fridge type meals, which are always the best in my house.
I’ve already made this twice since last week, and it makes a ton, so lunch is covered. I’m into it.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 4 cups cauliflower rice I use the fresh bag from Trader Joe's
- 2 teaspoons salt divided
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 onion sliced
- 2-2 1/2 cups chopped asparagus
- 1 bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2 cups shaved brussels sprouts
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Chopped scallions and toasted pistachios for garnish
1) In a large pan heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium/high heat. Add the cauliflower rice and 1 teaspoon of salt and cook for 3-5 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook for another 2 minutes until fragrant. Add the broth, stir and cover. Let it simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes until cauliflower rice is just tender. Once cooked, remove from pan and set aside.
2) Over medium/high heat add 2 more tablespoons of olive oil in the same pan. Add the onion, asparagus, bell pepper, brussels sprouts, 1 teaspoon of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and lemon pepper and cook until veggies are cooked through, about 7-10 minutes.
3) In the last few minutes of cooking add the tomatoes and cook for another minute or two. Turn off the heat and stir in the lemon juice.
4) Serve the veggie mixture over the cauliflower rice and top with chopped scallions and pistachios.
Move over taco Tuesday.