The cutest mini muffins made with flakey corn meal, and loaded with cheddar cheese and chives.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup yellow corn meal ((medium grind))
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups half and half
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 4 tablespoons butter melted and cooled slightly
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2–3 tablespoons chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a mini muffin tin and set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, corn meal, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Combine half and half, eggs, oil and melted butter in a separate medium bowl and mix well.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and using a spatula stir until just blended. Gently stir in the cheese and chives. Fill muffins tins 3/4 full and bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden and a tooth pick inserted in the center just barely comes out clean.
Can also make these into regular sized muffins. Just bake for about 20 minutes.