I don’t know about you, corn bread is one of my all time favorite things to eat. However, I’m kind of a corn bread snob. I’m also pretty confident that my corn bread recipe is the best around. Especially during this time of year (even if it is still 85 degrees out), corn bread is pretty much my staple side when it comes to anything fall. Soups, chilis, and pretty much anything comforting.
You wanna know the secret to really good cornbread?
Really good quality cornmeal.
I’ve been using Bob’s Red Mill cornmeal forever, and it truly makes the PERFECT corn bread.
I like to use the medium grind – it gives the corn bread a great texture and amazing flavor. Simply add some shredded cheddar cheese and chopped chives for the cutest and most delicious (and addicting) little muffins.
I dare you to try and eat just one.
Cheddar Chive Corn Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup yellow corn meal (medium grind)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups half and half
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 4 tablespoons butter melted and cooled slightly
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a mini muffin tin and set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, corn meal, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Combine half and half, eggs, oil and melted butter in a separate medium bowl and mix well.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and using a spatula stir until just blended. Gently stir in the cheese and chives. Fill muffins tins 3/4 full and bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden and a tooth pick inserted in the center just barely comes out clean.
This post is sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill. Thank you for supporting the brands I use and love, and that help make Life is but a Dish possible.