You guys asked for it. Instant pot recipes, specifically soup – so here you have it! I cannot begin to tell you how in love with this soup I am. It’s the perfect transition from summer to fall, it comes together in less than 30 minutes, it’s healthy, satisfying, should I go on?
You all know how much I love my slow cooker, but some nights I just don’t plan ahead and I need something quick and easy that still tastes like it’s been cooking all day.
Insert the Instant Pot.
In just 11-12 minutes (or less) your raw chicken will be cooked through, easily shreddable and perfect for this soup.
This is the kind of soup I think about when I hear the saying “chicken soup for the soul”. So simple and delicious.
Instant Pot Lemon Chicken Soup
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 large carrots, large dice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 cups chicken stock
- juice from 1 lemon
- large handful fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add the onion, carrots, salt, lemon pepper, garlic powder, dried thyme and chicken stock. Give a quick stir then close the lid, making sure the valve is on seal.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 10 minutes. Manual release and remove chicken to shred with two forks. Place chicken back into the pot then stir in the spinach, thyme and fresh squeezed lemon juice. Add more salt to taste. Enjoy!