I’m really excited about this Baked Sweet Date & Lemon Chicken dish. I feel like I say this every time but I’m ALWAYS looking for a new chicken recipe. Aren’t you?
This chicken is made with simple ingredients and couldn’t be easier to pull together. Also, it’s the most beautiful marinade, don’t you think?
Olive oil, sweet dates, lemon, orange, garlic, and rosemary!? I mean, yes please! I’ll be making this chicken dish for Rosh Hashanah dinner this week, along with some of my favorites such as my Slow Cooker Brisket, The World’s Best Challah, my grandmother’s famous Noodle Kugel, Grilled Broccolini and more!
After it’s done baking, I like to remove the chicken from the pan, slice it up, then put it back in the dish or on a pretty serving platter with all the juices! It’s easy to serve this way and looks pretty too!
I can’t even tell you how juicy this chicken becomes. Trust me, you’re gonna love this one!
Baked Sweet Date & Lemon Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup dates, pitted and halved
- 1-2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1/2 orange, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Add the chicken and all of the ingredients to a large bowl or bag, and mix together to make sure the chicken is fully covered with all the marinade. Cover and keep in the fridge for 2-8 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large baking dish and place the chicken in the dish. Top with the marinade and bake for 35-40 minutes until dates are caramelized and chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and slice, then serve on a platter with the dates and citrus on top! Garnish with fresh rosemary!