Here’s the thing. It’s not actually fried, and it’s not actually rice! But it tastes just as good AND it’s good for you. You really can’t go wrong with this recipe. Need lunch or dinner in 15 minutes or less? Quick & Easy Cauliflower Fried Rice to the rescue!
It’s basically veggies on veggies on veggies. My kinda dish. You can add some grilled chicken or steak to really beef it up, but I love it on it’s own just as much.
The thing about cauliflower rice is that you really feel like you’re eating rice! Except you’re not nearly as full afterwards! And these days there’s so many cauliflower rice options. Fresh, frozen, or even homemade!
All you need to do is throw it in a pan with your favorite veggies and a simple sauce and you’re golden.
Dinner just got SO much easier.
Quick & Easy Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Yield: 4 1x
Quick & Easy Cauliflower Fried Rice is the perfect side dish. Add some chicken, steak or fish to make a full meal with little effort and great taste!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup diced carrots, (about 2 large carrots)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups diced mushrooms
- 1 12 ounce bag of frozen cauliflower rice ((you can use fresh as well))
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3–4 tablespoons soy sauce or coconut aminos
- ½ cup peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Heat a large pan over medium/high heat. Add olive oil, onions, carrots, and a pinch of salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes stirring often. Add garlic cook for another minute.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 more minutes, than add the cauliflower rice, ¼ teaspoon salt, pinch of pepper, garlic powder and soy sauce. Cook for 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally until liquid has evaporated.
- Add the peas in the last minute or two of cooking, and salt to taste. Turn off heat and stir in the chives.
wow, I love rice and cauliflower. I love this. I can’t wait for this.
Life is but a Dish
Hope you love it!