It’s official. It’s time to start thinking about all things back-to-school, fall, and most importantly, simple. With early mornings creeping up faster than I’d like, I’m in need of easy, simple (but always delicious) dishes. Recipes to keep in my back pocket that I can whip out at anytime. That’s why I’m in love with this Simple Tuna Salad.
It doesn’t take much to make food taste great. All you need is a few simple ingredients and you’re in business.
When I was a kid, my mom would pack my lunch for school every single day. In high school I was famous for my lunches, specifically my sandwiches. She would make sandwiches piled high, (usually on a bagel) and my friends would always drool over it.
So I thought what better way to start off a new school year than with an epic sandwich. Just like mom.
This simple tuna salad sandwich is a must for back-to-school. But what do you do with all the extra that falls off your highly loaded sandwich? You need something crunchy and delicious to scoop it up with! My family is in love with these Simply 7 Organic Veggie Chips.
Not only do we love the taste of these chips, but I feel good about giving them to my family. Simply 7 uses clean ingredients, no artificial colors or flavors, and as an added bonus, they’re gluten free! These chips go great as a side to this sandwich, or even alone with just the tuna!
If you’re anything like me, you’ll throw the chips directly onto the sandwich! Back-to-school never tasted so good.Print
Simple Tuna Salad
- Yield: 0 people 1x
Quick and easy-to-make tuna salad made with just tuna, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- 1 (4-ounce) can of tuna
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ⅛ teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- pinch of pepper
- small squeeze of lemon juice
For the sandwich
- 1 bagel (sliced in half and toasted)
- whole grain mustard
- 1 slice munster cheese
- micro greens
- Simply 7 Organic Veggie Chips
- In a bowl, mix together the tuna, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and lemon juice until very well combined. (If your tuna is already salted in the can, taste it first before you add the salt. If the tuna is unsalted, you may need to add more salt. Adjust according to taste)
- If making the sandwich, spread some mustard on both sides of the bagel. Add the tuna, cheese and micro greens and serve with a side of Simply 7 Organic Veggie Chips.
This recipe makes enough tuna for one large sandwich or two smaller ones.
Hi can’t wait to try this! I wanted to ask you if you used Chunk Light or Albacore?
I use albacore but any will work