I meeeeeean… I’m not even a big meat eater but daaaaaaaaaaamn! How good does this look? Don’t mind if I do toot my own horn. This easy Balsamic Grilled Hanger Steak is quick to pull together and packed full of flavor.
I made this for dinner the other night and my whole family devoured it. Especially the girls! I’m always a little nervous when I give the girls steak. Ava is so one of those kids who easily gags/chokes on food, and steak isn’t an easy thing to chew.
However, this meat is so tender, it practically melts in your mouth.
As always with a marinade, if you have the time to let it sit overnight, that’s always best. But if all the time you have is an hour or two, that’ll work too. Let it soak up all that tangy goodness.
Throw it on the grill for a few minutes, slice and serve. You’re gonna love this.
Balsamic Grilled Hanger Steak
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 10 ounce hanger steak
- In a medium bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the marinade. Place the hanger steak in the bowl with the marinade and let sit in the fridge for 2 hours or up to overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat your grill to medium/high heat. Cook the steak for 3-4 minutes on each side, then let the meat rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.