Have you met my latest obsession? Me and this Acai Cherry Smoothie Bowl have a secret love affair going on, except it’s not really that secret. It’s so not secret that I want to shout it from the rooftops and tell the whole world how much I LOVE it. Did I mention I’m obsessed?
It’s the one thing I crave every day for breakfast, post workout and snack. I just want it all the time! I’ve changed the way I make smoothies these days. I’m trying to use far less sugar than before. Even from fruit. One of the reasons I love acai so much is because I use unsweetened packets (click HERE to see my favorite brand) and they provide SO many incredible nutrients while keeping the sugar intake low. Did you know that acai is an antioxidant powerhouse? It’s packed with more antioxidants that blueberries! So. Good. For. You.
There is one secret weapon in this bowl that puts it over the top. Nut butter.
You can use any kind you like. Peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, or a mix! But it somehow balances out all the flavors and pulls this bowl together.
Excuse me. I gotta to make another bowl.
Acai Cherry Smoothie Bowl
- Yield: 1 1x
Thick and creamy acai smoothie bowl packed with antioxidants and topped with crunchy granola, raw cacao nibs and coconut.
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk)
- 1 packet frozen unsweetened acai
- ¾ cup frozen, pitted cherries
- ½ frozen, sliced banana (sub for 2 dates)
- ½ cup steamed & frozen diced zucchini
- ¼ of an avocado
- 1 tablespoon nut butter (any kind)
- 1 pinch micro greens
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon hemp hearts
- raw cacao nibs
- shredded coconut
- Add all ingredients into a high powered blender. Blend for 1 minute until smooth and creamy. Pour into a bowl and serve with favorite toppings.
This recipe was inspired by Pamela Salzman
Leave a comment & rate this recipe