I’ve been dying to share this recipe with you guys. Crispy Quinoa Black Bean Burgers! Everybody wins with these. Meat eaters, vegetarians and everyone in between!
They’re packed with protein from the quinoa and filled with veggies such as bell peppers and mushrooms, which give these burgers a hearty bite. Then they’re lightly pan fried to create a crispy outer crust. YES PLEASE!
This is a great recipe to make if you have leftover quinoa and veggies. Just toss everything into one large bowl, mix together and form your patties. They can be served on a delicious burger bun (I used brioche buns), or even bunless. Either way, don’t forget the special sauce.
It’s all about that special sauce.
I hope you guys love these as much as I do. It’s really the perfect lunch or dinner option, piled high with fresh avocado, micro greens and extra sauce.
Grab your ingredients and let’s do this!Print
Quinoa, black beans and veggies formed into patties and lightly pan fried to crispy perfection. These burgers are a crowd pleaser for vegetarians and meat eaters alike!
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (1/2 cup uncooked) (I use Bob’s Red Mill )
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, finely diced
- 1/2 red pepper, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup cornflake crumbs (or breadcrumbs)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mayonaisse
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- avocado for serving
- micro greens for serving
- burger buns
Special Burger Sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mayonaisse
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large bowl add all the ingredients from the quinoa to the cumin. Use a fork to mix everything together. Form patties and either cook right away or place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray or lightly coat with oil. Add the patties to the heated pan and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, until crispy and lightly browned.
- Mix the ketchup, mayo and chili powder in a small bowl. Build your burger with avocado, micro greens and some special burger sauce. Serve and enjoy!