Quinoa, black beans and veggies formed into patties and lightly pan fried to crispy perfection. These burgers are a crowd pleaser for vegetarians and meat eaters alike!
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (1/2 cup uncooked) (I use Bob’s Red Mill )
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, finely diced
- 1/2 red pepper, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup cornflake crumbs (or breadcrumbs)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mayonaisse
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- avocado for serving
- micro greens for serving
- burger buns
Special Burger Sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mayonaisse
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large bowl add all the ingredients from the quinoa to the cumin. Use a fork to mix everything together. Form patties and either cook right away or place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray or lightly coat with oil. Add the patties to the heated pan and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, until crispy and lightly browned.
- Mix the ketchup, mayo and chili powder in a small bowl. Build your burger with avocado, micro greens and some special burger sauce. Serve and enjoy!