A simple and delicious Chicken Noodle Soup great for any night of the week.
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup chopped carrots, about 2–3 large carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped celery, about 2 stalks
- 1 cup or one handful uncooked noodles *See note*
- 2 chicken breasts, shredded (I use Rotisserie chicken)
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon, about 1 tablespoon
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Bring chicken stock to a boil, then lower to a simmer and add the carrots, celery, and noodles. Simmer for about 10 minutes until vegetables are tender and the noodles are cooked through.
- Stir in shredded chicken and heat through, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in the pesto, lemon, parsley, salt and pepper and turn off the heat. Serve hot and enjoy!
* I use thin spaghetti noodles. I grab about a handful and break them in half so they’re easier to eat in the soup. You can use any shape noodle you like. Egg noodles also work great for this soup.