The perfect chicken noodle soup.
You wanna hear something crazy? I’ve been with my husband for 10 years and he has never once in our entire relationship, ever had a cold. NEVER HAD A COLD! Honestly, it’s the craziest thing, especially for me, a classic two times a year cold person.
Unfortunately for him, he got hit hard. Really hard. Technically he does not have the flu, but whatever it is has knocked him out for days. Poor guy has everything from runny nose, cough, fever, headache, etc.
There’s only one thing that can make somebody who feels that sick, feel even the slightest bit better. Homemade chicken noodle soup.
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup chopped carrots, about 2-3 large carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped celery, about 2 stalks
- 1 cup or one handful uncooked noodles *See note*
- 2 chicken breasts, shredded (I use Rotisserie chicken)
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon, about 1 tablespoon
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Bring chicken stock to a boil, then lower to a simmer and add the carrots, celery, and noodles. Simmer for about 10 minutes until vegetables are tender and the noodles are cooked through.
- Stir in shredded chicken and heat through, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in the pesto, lemon, parsley, salt and pepper and turn off the heat. Serve hot and enjoy!
Eat good. Feel good.