The perfect chicken noodle soup.
Is less than 30 minutes away. You guys, this literally couldn’t be easier. And so comforting.
Especially during cold and flu season. Raise your hand if you’ve been hit this year with the world’s worst cold 🙁 It’s no fun, right?
You wanna hear something crazy? I’ve been with my husband for 10 years and he has never once in our entire relationship, ever had a cold. NEVER HAD A COLD! Honestly, it’s the craziest thing, especially for me, a classic two times a year cold person.
Unfortunately for him, he got hit hard. Really hard. Technically he does not have the flu, but whatever it is has knocked him out for days. Poor guy has everything from runny nose, cough, fever, headache, etc.
There’s only one thing that can make somebody who feels that sick, feel even the slightest bit better. Homemade chicken noodle soup.
It may not have cured him, but it surely made him smile. So whether you’re fighting off a cold, or just want to curl up with a hot bowl of soup, this is your answer.
A simple and delicious Chicken Noodle Soup great for any night of the week.
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup chopped carrots, about 2–3 large carrots
- ¾ cup chopped celery, about 2 stalks
- 1 cup or one handful uncooked noodles *See note*
- 2 chicken breasts, shredded (I use Rotisserie chicken)
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- Juice from ½ a lemon, about 1 tablespoon
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Bring chicken stock to a boil, then lower to a simmer and add the carrots, celery, and noodles. Simmer for about 10 minutes until vegetables are tender and the noodles are cooked through.
- Stir in shredded chicken and heat through, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in the pesto, lemon, parsley, salt and pepper and turn off the heat. Serve hot and enjoy!
* I use thin spaghetti noodles. I grab about a handful and break them in half so they’re easier to eat in the soup. You can use any shape noodle you like. Egg noodles also work great for this soup.
Eat good. Feel good.