- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 6 chicken cutlets (you can also use chicken breasts and pound thin)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- ⅓ cup your favorite marinara sauce (I use Rao’s)
- 6 thin slices of fresh mozzarella cheese
- In a wide, shallow bowl whisk together the eggs, salt, pepper, garlic powder and 1 tablespoon parsley. Add the chicken and toss until well coated. Let sit at room temperature while you prep the other ingredients.
- In a separate wide and shallow bowl add the panko and parmesan cheese and stir to combine. Using tongs, remove one piece of chicken from the eggs mixture and let the excess drip off. Place chicken in the panko mixture and coat well on both sides. Place coated chicken on a plate and repeat steps with remaining chicken.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Preheat a large pan over medium/high heat. Add 3-4 tablespoons of avocado oil, enough to coat the bottom well.
- Pan fry chicken for about 4 minutes on each side until golden brown, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. You might need to do this in batches.
- Place browned chicken on a parchment lined baking sheet and top with a spoonful of sauce and top with mozzarella slices. Sprinkle with parsley and bake for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve on it’s own, with pasta, rice or on a toasted piece of crusty bread!