The most decadent chocolatey trifle made with chocolate pudding, whipped cream, chocolate chip cookies and brownies. A real crowd pleaser!
- 1 batch of your favorite brownies, (I use Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate boxed brownies)
- 1 batch of your favorite chocolate chip cookies, (I used Nestle Break & Bake Cookies)
For the pudding
- 2 large boxes of Jello Instant Pudding Mix
- 1 small box of Jello Instant Pudding Mix
- 6 cups whole milk
For the whipped cream
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Using the directions on the box or using your favorite recipe, make and bake the brownies and cookies. Let cool completely. (Can do this step the day before)
- Prepare the pudding. Pour the powdered pudding mix into a large bowl and whisk in 6 cups of milk until thick.
- In the trifle bowl begin to layer ingredients. Start with 1/4 of the broken up brownies, then a layer of pudding, a layer of whipped cream, and a layer of crumbled cookies. Repeat layers until trifle dish is full and top it off with extra crumbled brownies and cookies.
- Put in the fridge and serve chilled.
* I fell in love with this recipe from a friend who brought it to a party. She uses cool whip instead of whipped cream, and Kit Kat instead of the chocolate chip cookies. It’s another easy and delicious alternative! However, the possibilities are endless!
* I like to make this dish in advance and put it in the fridge overnight. It’s even better the next day!