Okay, I have a lot of words. This is THE BEST dessert I’ve ever tasted. Ever.
I’m pretty easy when it comes to dessert. I like things simple. I’m not all about the fancy desserts. I like good old fashioned chocolate chip cookies, plain chocolate cake, a scoop of chocolate ice cream…You get the idea. And yes, chocolate only please.
Layers upon layers of chocolate pudding, brownies, cookies, and homemade whipped cream! It’s a giant bowl of chocolate mush that I would love to dive head first into. And, it’s super easy to make. AND, it’s even better to make it a day ahead!
- 1 batch of your favorite brownies (I use Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate boxed brownies)
- 1 batch of your favorite chocolate chip cookies (I used Nestle Break & Bake Cookies)
- 2 large boxes of Jello Instant Pudding Mix
- 1 small box of Jello Instant Pudding Mix
- 6 cups whole milk
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1) Using the directions on the box or using your favorite recipe, make and bake the brownies and cookies. Let cool completely. (Can do this step the day before)
- 2) Prepare the pudding. Pour the powdered pudding mix into a large bowl and whisk in 6 cups of milk until thick.
- 3) In the trifle bowl begin to layer ingredients. Start with 1/4 of the broken up brownies, then a layer of pudding, a layer of whipped cream, and a layer of crumbled cookies. Repeat layers until trifle dish is full and top it off with extra crumbled brownies and cookies.
- 4) Put in the fridge and serve chilled.
- * I fell in love with this recipe from a friend who brought it to a party. She uses cool whip instead of whipped cream, and Kit Kat instead of the chocolate chip cookies. It's another easy and delicious alternative! However, the possibilities are endless!
- * I like to make this dish in advance and put it in the fridge overnight. It's even better the next day!