These Citrus Baked Chicken Thighs are cooked to juicy perfection with meyer lemons, garlic and spices.
- 2.5 – 3 pounds chicken thighs (bone in, skin on)
- 1 meyer lemon
- 1 navel orange
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for brushing on chicken
- 1 head garlic whole, with 1/4 inch of the top sliced off ((optional, but adds some extra flavor))
- Rhodes dinner rolls
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Pat chicken thighs dry with a paper towel and set aside.
- In a small bowl make the spice mixture. Zest the lemon and orange and add to the bowl with salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, thyme and red pepper flakes. Mix until well combined.
- Add the olive oil to the bottom of a baking dish. Place the chicken thighs in the dish, skin side up. Lightly brush more oil on top of chicken then sprinkle evenly with the spice mixture.
- Thinly slice the lemon and orange and arrange in the dish around and under the chicken. Add the head of garlic to the dish and bake for 35-40 minutes until crispy on top.
- Serve with Rhodes dinner rolls to soak up all the citrusy sauce! Follow directions on the package for how to thaw and bake.