Crispy Cornflake Baked Tofu is lightly seasoned and baked in the oven to perfection.
- 1 15.5 oz container of sprouted tofu, extra firm
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup cornflake crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Drain the water from the tofu package. Slice the tofu into 1/2 inch thick pieces. Place sliced tofu on a paper towel lined plate and press the tops with another paper towel to soak up extra moisture.
- Mix the salt, pepper and garlic pepper together in a small bowl and set aside. Place the corn flake crumbs in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Lightly brush or spray both sides of the tofu with olive oil. Evenly sprinkle the spice mixture on both sides, then coat the tofu with the cornflake crumbs on all sides, tapping off any excess.
- Place tofu on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes or until crispy. Lightly spray the tops before baking if you want them to get nice and brown. These are great served on their own, in a salad or dipped in soy sauce!