Another super simple, quick and delicious dish for you! This Crispy Cornflake Baked Tofu is my new obsession. I can’t even believe I’m saying that! My mom used to make tofu back in the day when tofu wasn’t even cool. She was the one mom shopping at Whole Foods before it was even Whole Foods. I think it was called Fresh Fields. I used to think everything was so disgusting, especially weird tofu.
This reminds me of her so much because it’s 100% something she would make, and still does today! You know how I always talk about continuing to expose your children to foods without pressure? I guess it works! Even if it did take me 35 years to come around.
You guys are gonna love this. It takes only 5 minutes to prep and it’s baked in the oven so easy clean up. Honestly, they get so crispy they basically taste like chicken nuggets! Can’t wait for you to try!
Crispy Cornflake Baked Tofu
- 1 15.5 oz container of sprouted tofu, extra firm
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup cornflake crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Drain the water from the tofu package. Slice the tofu into 1/2 inch thick pieces. Place sliced tofu on a paper towel lined plate and press the tops with another paper towel to soak up extra moisture.
- Mix the salt, pepper and garlic pepper together in a small bowl and set aside. Place the corn flake crumbs in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Lightly brush or spray both sides of the tofu with olive oil. Evenly sprinkle the spice mixture on both sides, then coat the tofu with the cornflake crumbs on all sides, tapping off any excess.
- Place tofu on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes or until crispy. Lightly spray the tops before baking if you want them to get nice and brown. These are great served on their own, in a salad or dipped in soy sauce!