These cookies are out of this world delicious! Soft, chewy and full of chocolatey goodness.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, (melted and slightly cooled)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, (at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups dark chocolate chunks
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- In the bowl of an electric mixer add the butter, sugar, and brown sugar, and beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until smooth. Add the vanilla, and slowly beat in the eggs one at a time. Blend in the peanut butter.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, oats, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet in three additions and mix until just combined. Add the chocolate chunks. Put the cookie dough in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour, or up to overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Scoop dough, roll into balls, and place onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, do not over bake!! They will continue to cook once they come out. Sprinkle with a little bit of sea salt immediately after you take them out of the oven. Cool on the pan for a few minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
Adapted from My Soft Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies