It’s a mouthful, I know. The most delicious mouthful EVER. You guys!!! Are you making these for your Super Bowl party?
You need to make these for your Super Bowl party.
To DIE for. Soft, chewy, sweet salty. It’s almost too good to be true. Key word, almost.
I don’t make cookies very often. I just can’t. I can’t walk by a plate of cookies and not eat two or three. I have serious control issues, and when it comes to cookies, especially these, I have anything but control.
This cookie dough is little bit soft, so I do find that popping it in the fridge for a while (I did it overnight), works wonders. They still spread quite a bit, but leaving them in the fridge for the flavors to combine is just necessary.
Okay, so eat some pizza, devour some nachos, then top it off with one (or more) of the greatest cookie of all time.
Ok, that was a little dramatic. But seriously, you’ll never know until you try.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups dark chocolate chunks
- Sea salt for sprinkling
1) In the bowl of an electric mixer add the butter, sugar, and brown sugar, and beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until smooth. Add the vanilla, and slowly beat in the eggs one at a time. Blend in the peanut butter.
2) In a small bowl combine the flour, oats, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
3) Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet in three additions and mix until just combined. Add the chocolate chunks. Put the cookie dough in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours, or up to overnight.
4) When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Scoop dough, roll into balls, and place onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, do not over bake!! They will continue to cook once they come out. Sprinkle with a little bit of sea salt immediately after you take them out of the oven. Cool on the pan for a few minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
Adapted from My Soft Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies