Spring and summertime are perfect for Deviled Eggs! This simple and flavorful classic has a secret ingredient that makes it come alive…and don’t forget a little pickle on top for some crunch!
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons pickle juice
- 1 pickle, chopped into small pieces
- Place eggs in a medium pot and cover with cold water by about 1-2 inches. Bring water to a boil, then cover the pot and turn the heat off. Let the eggs cook, covered, for 12 minutes. If you leave them a little longer that’s ok too.
- Transfer the eggs to a bowl of ice water and chill for 10-15 minutes. Peel under running water to help remove the shell easier. You can also use my Instant Pot method.
- Slice eggs in half and carefully scoop the yolks into a medium bowl. Add the mayonnaise, mustard and pickle juice and mash until well combined. Add a small pinch of salt and pepper to taste (it might not need any).
- Place egg whites on a plate and spoon the yolk mixture into the egg whites. Place 1-2 pieces of pickle on top of each egg and dust lightly with paprika. Serve and enjoy!