An easy to make and delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake that’s perfect for any occasion.
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar (I like to run through a fine mesh strainer to get rid of any lumps)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1–2 tablespoons milk
- 1–3 drops food coloring of your choice (optional)
- sprinkles (your choice!)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9-inch cake pan. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream the butter, brown sugar and white sugar together for 2 minutes and then blend in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix until combined. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to mix in all but 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips.
- Press the cookie dough into the cake pan until evenly distributed. If using your hands, wet your hands lightly so the batter doesn’t stick. Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on top and press them down slightly.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes until the top is golden brown. Let the cookie cool completely and then run a knife along the edge to loosen. Transfer to a platter. Pipe on frosting along the edges and add the sprinkles. If you don’t want to pipe frosting you can simply spread on top.
- Beat all the frosting ingredients together until smooth, adding milk as needed. If adding food coloring, add one drop at a time, mixing well until desired color. Place into a piping bag and pipe on frosting if desired. Sprinkle on the sprinkles.
Recipe is lightly adapted from Garnish & Glaze.