A quick and easy Meatball Sub made with tender meatballs, tangy tomato sauce and melted Tillamook Farmstyle Thick Cut Medium White Cheddar Sliced Cheese.
- 1 pound ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 slices Tillamook Farmstyle Thick Cut Medium White Cheddar Sliced Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add the ground meat, spices, egg, breadcrumbs, and chopped parsley to a large bowl. Mix using a fork until well combined. Scoop meat and form in 1-tablespoon size meatballs.
- Heat a skillet over medium/high heat. Add the oil and the meatballs. Cook for 3 minutes on one side, then flip and cook for 3 minutes on the other.
- Turn off heat and add the marinara sauce to cover the meatballs. Bake for 15-20 minutes until meatballs are cooked through.
- Place three meatballs in each hotdog bun and line up on a sheet pan. Add a half slice of Tillamook Medium White Cheddar to each sub and place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until cheese is fully melted. Serve immediately.