A quick and easy comfort meal made with tender meatballs, tangy tomato sauce and melted Tillamook Farmstyle Thick Cut Medium White Cheddar Sliced Cheese.
Why is it that meatball subs feel like they’re something I can only order from a restaurant? When the truth of the matter is, they’re really easy to make, super comforting and great for a weeknight family meal! These Easy Meatball Subs check all the boxes and I know you’re gonna love ‘em!
Think about it. When was the last time you really indulged in a hearty and delicious sub? Honestly, I can’t remember when I have, and watching these puppies get all melty under the broiler was all part of the fun.
When it comes to a dish like this there are only a few ingredients, so it’s important that they are quality. By now you all know my love for Tillamook, and this recipe is a prime example of why. I used slices of Tillamook Medium White Cheddar and I cannot even tell you how perfectly it melted. I couldn’t be happier with the final result!
I don’t know about you, but I have cheese-melting anxiety. Yeah, it’s a thing. Like, what if the cheese doesn’t melt properly. What if it stays all clumpy and doesn’t give you that Instagram worthy cheese pull? I’ll tell ya, this cheese DID NOT DISAPPOINT.
One of the biggest factors when it comes to making a good sub is of course the bread. You can go ahead and buy your favorite crusty loaf, OR you can use some simple hotdog buns, which OMG are surprisingly delicious in this! They get a little crispy from the broiler, and stay soft in the middle. Obsessed.
I can’t wait for you guys to make these subs. The whole family is gonna love them!
This post is sponsored by Tillamook. All opinions are my own.
Thank you for supporting the brands that I love.
Easy Meatball Subs
- 1 pound ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 slices Tillamook Farmstyle Thick Cut Medium White Cheddar Sliced Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add the ground meat, spices, egg, breadcrumbs, and chopped parsley to a large bowl. Mix using a fork until well combined. Scoop meat and form in 1-tablespoon size meatballs.
- Heat a skillet over medium/high heat. Add the oil and the meatballs. Cook for 3 minutes on one side, then flip and cook for 3 minutes on the other.
- Turn off heat and add the marinara sauce to cover the meatballs. Bake for 15-20 minutes until meatballs are cooked through.
- Place three meatballs in each hotdog bun and line up on a sheet pan. Add a half slice of Tillamook Medium White Cheddar to each sub and place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until cheese is fully melted. Serve immediately.