This easy one-pan recipe for Picadillo combines ground beef and turkey with spices and olives to create a simple dinner with bold, satisfying flavors!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground turkey (can use any ground meat you like)
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¾ cup marinara sauce (your favorite kind)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can green olives, halved
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- Heat a large pan over medium/high heat. Add the olive oil, ground beef, ground turkey, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin and paprika. Use a wooden spoon to break up the meat and cook through – about 7-9 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, marinara sauce, cherry tomatoes, olives and chili flakes. Stir to combine and let simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice, quinoa, in lettuce cups or on it’s own!