These Garlicky Sautéed Mushrooms have only a few ingredients and make the perfect easy weeknight side dish. They’re bursting with flavor and come together in minutes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or ghee
- 16 ounces mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced ((I use crimini and portobello but you can use any mushrooms you like))
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat a large cast iron skillet or pan over medium high heat. Add the olive oil, mushrooms, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook for 3-5 minutes until mushrooms begin to soften.
- In the last minute of cooking add the minced garlic, stirring often. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
In order to clean mushrooms DO NOT rinse under water. They will soak up all the liquid and become mushy. Simply get a paper towel damp, and gently wipe any dirt from each mushroom.