A silky smooth golden soup made with cauliflower, leeks, almonds and turmeric.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 cup slivered almonds (or cashews)
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 6–7 cups water or stock
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Add the oil to a large pot and heat over medium/high heat. Add the leeks, cauliflower and garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes. Add the almonds, salt, pepper, and turmeric and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the water and bring the mixture to a boil, then simmer until soft, about 5-10 minutes. In batches, add the soup to a blender and blend until smooth. (You can also use an immersion blender). Finish the soup with lemon juice and salt to taste.
This recipe is adapted from Pinch of Yum.